Friday, January 16, 2015

What a good blog looks like?

I was extremely stiff when I first started blogging. I couldn't help myself. Blogging was new to me and I though my writing skills needed to be perfect if I wanted my blog to be good. But the truth is, as long as I write because I want to and not because I have to, blogging suddenly becomes fun. There are plenty of topics that could and should be covered. But before you start blogging, you need to realize that the readers are also human, made of flesh and blood. There will always be someone who hates my blog, but also someone who enjoys reading it for some reason. The truth is, I can't satisfy everyone. So if you are about to start blogging and you have the same issue I did just keep your head up, and blog about whatever you want. Your blog is YOU and should be written in YOUR voice.



What makes a good blog?

Here are my top three blogs from WS13:

http://juliakoelbl957.blogspot.co.at/

http://verenaandthecatssmile.blogspot.co.at/search?updated-max=2014-06-20T14:06:00-07:00&max-results=7&start=4&by-date=false

/http://itsjosephasblog.blogspot.co.at/

For me, it was like I was reading one blog instead of three. They have so much in common! I loved everything about them. First of all, the backgrounds are neutral, soft and they don't hurt my eyes. For me, this is one of the most important things. I mean, who would want to read a blog with a bright red or black background? No, thank you. In my opinion, the background needs to be simple so it doesn't draw too much attention. Second of all, all three blogs were well-written, fun to read and easy to understand. I love how they are just being themselves. I had a fun time reading their posts because they are both interesting and educational. Also, they were covering everyday topics such as cooking.I love how every topic is supported with pictures. Pictures are always a good idea. Without them, blog seems kinda empty and not complete. They showed me how fun blogging actually is and thanks to them, I found myself a new hobby. Even though I am not a perfect writer ( writing is actually the hardest for me), I truly enjoyed writing about stuff that make my happy such as dancing. There is no better feeling than sharing your thoughts with someone, in this case, with the whole world! Blogging is probably the most enjoyable way for improving your writing skills.

So, what makes a good blog?

1) simple but noticeable design

2) pictures

3) interesting topics

4) understandable way of writing

5) your voice




You should give it a try!






No comments:

Post a Comment